Before beginning, the following information should be at hand to complete the NPI Application Form. Saving the work before finishing the form is NOT an option.
Do not use personal contact information since contact information is searchable by the public on this site.
Please visit https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/#/ to register for an NPI number.
Information Required for Individual Providers:
- Provider Name = Legal Name of Trainee
- SSN *
- Provider Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- State of Birth (If Country of birth is the U.S.)
- Provider gender
- Mailing address: 2301 Erwin Road, 27710 (Do NOT use your personal address as this is a searchable public site.)
- Practice location address and phone number: 2301 Erwin Road, 27710, 919-684-8111 (Do NOT use your personal address as this is a searchable public site.)
- Taxonomy (Provider type) = 39
- State License Information **
- Contact Person Name = Trainee Name
- Contact Person Phone Number and E-mail
(Do NOT use your personal contact information since contact information is searchable by the public on this site.)
All trainees must apply for a National Provider Identifier (NPI). You must have a US social security number to apply. You will receive e-mail notification once your number has been assigned. Make sure your name matches what is on your social security card and use the Duke Hospital address and phone number as your practice location and mailing address. You will want to use this phone number as the contact person phone number as well, but you can use your personal e-mail as e-mail address. Contact person name and provider name are both you.
* Must be US issued social security number
** Use Taxonomy 39 as the provider type and you will not need to enter a license number.