CRQS Program Overview
Participation within the CRQS Program will allow for a robust array of academic, administrative, research, and interdisciplinary training opportunities including but not limited to:
- Develop expertise in quality improvement and patient safety processes.
- Facilitate and lead Quality Improvement (QI) projects and teams at Duke University Hospital (DUH) to directly improve the health care experience of our patients.
- Mentor residents engaging in QI research and projects including the GME Patient Safety and Quality Council (PSQC).
- Mentor and assist the co-chairs with leadership of the GME PSQC.
- Participate in and lead hospital-wide safety event analyses under the tutelage of the Duke Center for Healthcare Safety & Quality team.
- Lead GME-related quality improvement efforts.
- Participate in DUHS safety and quality committees such as DUH Patient Safety Committee, DUHS Quality System Oversight Committee (QOC), specialty-relevant Core Safety committees, DUHS Medication Safety, DUHS Mortality Committee, and GME PSQC.
- Attend and present at local & national safety and quality conferences.
- Produce publishable academic work and demonstrate improved QI outcomes.
Additionally, participants will have ample opportunities for continued education and additional credentialing including but not limited to:
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification, with possible options for additional training.
- Team STEPPS Master Trainer, patient safety, and well-being certification through Duke Patient Safety Center.
- Rapid Improvement Event (RIE) training.
- Opportunities to obtain Certified Provider in Patient Safety (CPPS) and Certified Provider of Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification(s).
Salary will be at the appropriate PGY level, with a possible opportunity to pursue departmental/divisional clinical opportunities, pending options within the respective patient care areas.
Ultimately, successful completion of this program will equip the graduate for desirable leadership opportunities as a part of her/his/their future employment.